In response to recent announcements made by public health authorities concerning the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Foundation is required to cancel and postpone to 2021 the 25th edition of the Tour CIBC Charles-Bruneau, scheduled for June 6 and July 5-10, 2020.
Moving forward together for the love of our children
In a context of great instability, the Foundation Charles-Bruneau wants you to know that she is devoting all her efforts to take the best possible decisions in the interest of everyone's health and safety, while keeping in mind the primary objective of her mission.
Beyond the current crisis, cancer is still the leading cause of death due to disease among children aged 0 to 18. Currently, more than 2,000 Québec children are living with cancer, and close to 300 new cases are diagnosed each year. The hope of curing all these children remains at the heart of our priorities and guides each of our actions.
It is therefore without hesitation that we are committed to use our creativity and resources to honour our future commitments to the researchers, who have in their hands the hope of thousands of families in Quebec.
To achieve this goal, the Foundation has the immense privilege to count on a team and a network of very dedicated people who are actively pursuing our current projects, while respecting the directives issued by the authorities.
- In response to recent announcements made by public health authorities concerning the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Foundation is required to cancel and postpone to 2021 the 25th edition of the Tour CIBC Charles-Bruneau, scheduled for June 6 and July 5-10, 2020.
- For us, this decision is indeed filled with immense sadness, but we have a duty to protect the health of our families, participants, volunteers, employees, partners and suppliers.
- By postponing this 25th edition of the Tour CIBC Charles-Bruneau to 2021, we are confident that it will be an event of outstanding generosity, thanks to you.
- We would like to extend our warmest thanks to the participants already registered and committed to the 2020 edition. We will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of the measures in place regarding registration fees and donations collected.
- To date, we are maintaining our other signature events, the Circuit bleu and the Omnium Prestige Charles-Bruneau, which will be held next September. However, we are developing different scenarios depending on the duration of the crisis and we are preparing for each of them. Since this decision may change at any time, we will keep our participants, partners, donors and volunteers informed of the latest updates.
- Because too many families need us, we are currently exploring solutions that are suitable to the current situation in order to keep our community mobilized. Stay tuned: we will need you!
- The offices of the Foundation Charles-Bruneau are currently closed for an undetermined period. Our employees work from home and remain available during regular office hours to answer your requests. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
- All our meetings with committees, partners and suppliers are now held by telephone. Even at a distance, the Foundation's management and team members remain proactive in sharing information and mobilizing the members of its event committees regarding its action plans and fundraising strategies.
For the Foundation Charles-Bruneau, as elsewhere, this situation brings many uncertainties about the future, but we can only roll up our sleeves and move forward together as we face the current crisis. Because every day, one more family in Quebec is counting on us.
More than ever, we need to join forces in response of the challenges that lie ahead, because it is together that we must continue to move forward for the love of our children.
On behalf of myself and my team, thank you for being beside us.